NVE Bank is a community mutual bank with 11 branches all located in Bergen County. Our bank was originally founded as a savings and loan association in 1887. We continue a tradition started 134 years ago of commitment to helping customers and volunteering in our communities. For the last 8 years, leading independent bank rating firm BauerFinancial, Inc. has awarded NVE Bank with its coveted 5-Star Superior rating which indicates that NVE is one of the strongest banks in the nation. Many of our team members live in the communities we serve, and we strive to get to know our customers personally and provide services tailored to their needs.
NVE Bank also values the contributions and dedication of its staff members. We offer a great benefit package and provide opportunities for employees to continue learning and enhance their knowledge and skills.
If you are interested in joining our team in one of the available positions, please send your resume with a cover letter indicating position in which you are interested and salary requirement via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know if you would like to receive more details on the responsibilities, competencies and education for the position.
You can also apply for any of the positions below by clicking on the Apply Now link above.
Commercial Real Estate Credit Underwriter
NVE bank, located in Bergen County, is seeking qualified candidates for the following position: COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE CREDIT UNDERWRITER.
Ideal candidate should have 5+ years Commercial Real Estate Credit Underwriting or equivalent financial analysis experience plus an Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzing property cash flow statements, business operating statements, business and personal tax returns and personal financial statements. Must have a complete understanding of cash flow reports, financial ratios, trends, etc. Analyst must be able to identify recurring and non-recurring sources of cash flow, the property’s ability to cover debt service and ability of client/guarantor to support the property.
- Underwrite real estate and or C&I credits and prepare credit memos for new loans as well as for renewals, modifications and short-term extensions. This includes financial and risk analysis, purpose of loan, repayment sources, collateral, financial & reporting covenants, tenant analysis, and sponsor and project team summary.
- Must be able to understand and review real estate documents (leases, loan documents, appraisals, etc.) to determine any potential issues and concerns.
- Responsible for independently underwriting all credit requests for new applicants and existing obligors.
- Prepare loan presentations in conjunction with the Loan Officers ensuring all details of the credit proposal are complete and accurate, provide assessment and adequacy of deal structure and creditworthiness and participate in presentation and/or present loans to the approving authority.
- Monitor borrower compliance with approved terms, portfolio management, and assist in the administration of credit relationships.
- Provide post-funding analytical and monitoring support of credit relationships and portfolio maintenance including completion of annual reviews.
Ideal candidate should be highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Proficiency in various software packages as well as Microsoft Office is required.
Interested candidates should send resume with cover letter indicating position of interest and salary requirement to Stephanie Stagg via e-mail to: email@example.com
EOE M/F/D/V/ AA
Accounts Payable Clerk
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for the accounts payable processing function including verification of invoice calculations and authorization, coding for correct general ledger posting, entry into general ledger system and processing payments. Preparation of year-end appropriate tax filings is also required. The clerk will also be responsible for preparation of various general ledger reconciliations and perform other functions as necessary for the operation of the accounting department.
At least 2 years bookkeeping experience, Associate’s degree, Banking experience preferred
The Branch Manager is responsible for leading a team of sales and service professionals to meet and exceed all sales goals and service targets, new business development and participation in community activities including involvement with local centers of influence.
At least 5 years retail banking experience, Bachelor’s degree, proven ability to create new business development strategy for the marketplace.
The Universal Banker is responsible for active engagement of clients and prospects and providing product and service solutions based on client’s needs and how they prefer to conduct their banking. The Universal Banker is responsible for providing a one stop experience in processing transactions and fulfilling all sales and service needs ensuring that the client feels welcomed and valued.
At least 3 years sales and service experience in a financial institution or retail business with a consultative selling environment and at least 2 years banking experience as a teller, customer service specialist or financial services representative, Bachelor’s degree
Tellers (Full-Time and Part-Time)
Tellers are responsible for processing a variety of customer monetary transactions and check cashing while provided an excellent customer experience. Tellers are also expected to identify and cross sell bank products and services that are beneficial to the client, address questions and concerns if appropriate and adhere to compliance and operational risk controls.
High School Diploma or Equivalent; Weekend hours